Your Tennessee mountain vacation awaits at one of our inviting vacation properties. Choose the luxurious Iron Mountain Inn bed and breakfast; the Creekside Chalet, a log cabin vacation rental; the Lake House, a lakeside cottage, or the Lodge on Iron Mountain, a mountain hideaway for your next friends or family getaway.
Butler, TN, “the town that wouldn’t drown”, is nestled between the Iron Mountain range of the Appalachian Mountains and beautiful Watauga Lake. Our vacation accommodations are far from the crowds of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, so a stay at one of our cabins, or the Iron Mountain Inn Bed and Breakfast is a chance to take a deep breath and relax. Here, Mother Nature takes first place in things to do: hiking, biking, swimming, fishing, boating, horseback riding, festivals, museums, live theater, bluegrass and country music, and just plain rockin’ n' relaxin’.
Winter has been cast off and daffodils are blooming, and the redbuds create an alley of color around Watauga Lake. Now is the time to visit before the leaves hide the views as you take scenic drives along the Blue Ridge Parkway and backroads and byroads.
May brings laurel blooming , June is rhododendrons - third weekend is the Rhododendron Festival at Roan Mountain, but the rhodys on the Iron Mountain Inn property come a little later - in July.
Plan to spend a week 'cause there's so much to do hereabouts in Northeast Tennessee where the mountains meet the waters of Watauga Lake and Roan and Doe Creeks.
- Bike the Virginia Creeper Trail
- Hike sections of the Appalachian Trail to waterfalls and views
- Visit the Butler Museum to learn the story of "the town that wouldn't drown"
- Visit Grandfather Mountain - a UN World Biosphere site
- Attend live shows at Barter Theater - shows for children in the mornings
- Watch racing on the World's Fastest Half Mile - Bristol Motor Speedway and tour the track
- Enjoy water activities on beautiful Watauga Lake
- Ride horseback into the mountains from Dogwood Springs Ranch
- Play a round of golf at Red Tail Mountain Golf Resort - greens fees have been reduced!
- Enjoy the Hands On Museum
- See dinosaur bones being discovered at the Grey Fossil Site
- Take a Ghost Walk
- Attend the Story Telling Festival - best festival you'll ever attend!
Watauga Lake is called the third cleanest lake in the US by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Because it is 80% surrounded by the Cherokee National Forest, and there is no large industry or agriculture nearby, swimming, boating, and fishing are very popular. But Watauga is not crowded! The best time to visit is Spring or maybe Summer, although Fall is great too and even winter brings its own charms.So much to do and so little time on one visit; you’ll need to return again and again to share the magic of the mountains with us where every season has a reason to visit.
Any outdoor activities are great right now! Clear sunny days, cool nights for sleeping - hearty breakfast to start the day and the bottomless cookie jar filled with homemade chocolate chip cookies, a glass of wine and cheese at the end of the day- doesn't get much better than this!
Book your room at the Iron Mountain Inn, or bring friends or family at the Creekside Chalet or the Watauga Lake House (also known as Cottage on Watauga Lake)
And if you are bikers.....we are a short ride from Highway 421 "The Snake". We can provide all those things you can't carry on your bike! Just let us know and we will have food and refreshments in your lodging waiting for your arrival.
CALL NOW TO RESERVE YOUR
LOG CABIN GETAWAY